PR Masterclass on Risk & Crisis Management – May 12, 2023
WCFA is hosting its next PR Masterclass led by the UK "Master of Disaster" Mrs. Amanda Coleman – Director & Crisis Communication Consultant, Amanda Coleman Communications Ltd.; Past Head Of Corporate Communication, Greater Manchester Police.
She will give her expertise on the topic "Risk & Crisis Management: Developing Crisis Communication Plan in The Age of Fake News".
The Masterclass will take place on May 12, Friday at 2 p.m. Central European Time.
Everyone can join it for free on Zoom: https://zoom.us/j/6252668357
During the course Amanda Coleman will highlight:
- The importance of having a crisis communications plan
- Crisis communication strategies for businesses and organizations
- The role of social media and PR in crisis communications
- The impact of crisis communications on brand reputation
- Lessons learned from past crisis communications failures
- Case studies of successful crisis communication strategies
Amanda Coleman is a crisis communication specialist with more than 20 years' experience of directly leading and managing disasters and emergencies. She was the police communication lead for the Manchester Arena terrorist attack in 2017. Amanda has written two books on crisis and issues management, provide training globally and assist clients facing crises - Crisis Communication Strategies published in 2020 and Everyday Communication Strategies published in 2022. She writes articles regularly including for Crisis Response Journal and has spoken about crisis communication at conferences across the world, as well as delivering guest lectures to PR students at universities including the London School of Economics.